Thursday, September 6, 2012

Luck of the Irish

Hello All:

Sorry to be a little late with our Ireland Blogging, Dublin has kept us oh so busy!

Our first night in Dublin lead us to a place that made us feel at home... IKEA! Just a 15 minute walk from our hotel was that beautiful big blue building. After we hopped off the airplane it was too late to go into town so we hit up IKEA for dinner. It was delicious. I recommend the Moose Pasta, it's organic. :) I also found so many things I want to purchase when I get home, I can't wait to go in Kent!

We visited so many places in our two days in Dublin! We saw St. Patrick's Cathedral, Trinity College, the Book of Kells, the old Dublin Castle, our favorite European Grocery store, LIDL, the largest indoor clock in the world, the Guinness Storehouse and Factory, numerous parks, and to top it all off we saw RIVERDANCE LIVE IN IRELAND. Yay! I will have to say, seeing how Guinness is made and watching RIVERDANCE have to be my favorites. How about you Dino?

Drinking Guinness has been my favorite! The factory was awesome. It was a seven floor tour that lasted about 3 hours for Steph and I between our free tasters, food and gravity bar (360 bar on the 7th floor overlooking the entire city of Dublin). I had to have Steph's drinks since she is not a big beer drinker! ; ). I also enjoyed our visit to the Dublin Castle and our RIVERDANCE show. We had great seats!

Sadly, our Guniness and pub time has come to an end and we are prepared to go to London for one more day before we head back on the states. We had a pretty relaxing one the last couple of days and we even got to sleep in a bit to recover from all the plane, bus, train an taxi rides we have taken.

We are currently at the airport, ready to head to London a tiny bit early to make sure we catch our flight back home to Seattle.

Thank you to everyone for all of their love and support on our Eurotrip and we hope you enjoyed the blog! Our trip has been amazing and we hope that we can do another round of trips like this in the near future!

Talk to you from Seattle!

Love,

Steph & Dino

No comments:

Post a Comment