Other then the day that I met Stephanie, today has to be the best day ever. I finally managed to visit Old Trafford, Manchester United's stadium. :D We started the day off with some cereal and toast and then headed out to Old Trafford to take the stadium tour. Cliff, my cousin Leila's fiancé helped us get to the stadium and it was all smiles from there.
First up was the Museum where we watched videos, read about the United history, and took lots of pictures with jerseys, memorabilia and all of the famous United kits (British Slang 4: fancy outfits!) the players uses to wear during game days. I got to hold David Beckham's jersey!!! After we were done with the museum, we started our tour. Steph was surprised at how quiet I was ( I was just shocked that I was there in the first place). We walked down by the pitch (fancy word for soccer field), we're by the players dugout and sat in the dressing room! Amazing stuff! Steph was a good camper and had a blast as well. We were all amazed at how nice and straight the grass on the pitch was.
Later on, we had a nice little dinner at Leila's place. (the only food we had since breakfast, it was fantastic!) We were starving after our tour and needed some food in our system. Steph and I love our food and we have been getting pretty hungry every time of the day...must be the time difference ;) ( that's our excuse). You can see from our midnight McDonald's run picture!
We also saw Costco...follows me everywhere. We didn't get a chance to go inside, the shopping times are a little different here then they are in the states so we just missed out.
Cliff and Leila were lovely company and the day was wonderful all the way around. (me, Steph, wrote all the things in quotes mostly!)
Sadly we are flying out tomorrow and had a massive layover in Istanbul so we might not have Internet, FYI, until we get to Bosnia on Tuesday morning.
Much love,
Dino & Steph




No comments:
Post a Comment