Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Cao Makarska!

Hello All:

Today is a sad day, Dino and I will be saying goodbye to sun soaked Croatia. It has been wonderful catching rays all day, eating ice cream, and walking the beaches - but I suppose it is time to get back to work... exploring the rest of Europe that is! Rome... see you tomorrow!

Our last day here in Markarska has been grand, we will see just how grand it is when Dino wakes up with a sunburn tomorrow lol. We had lunch on the beach right on the water. For all of you Hard Lemonade lovers out there (Aunt Susie and Uncle Don) I urge you to explore the world of Hard Ciders. I have just dipped my toes in their deliciousness and have been pleased so far. I would recommend a Somersby Pear Cider or Somersby Apple Cider, but pear is the best.

On a more serious note we finally caught the sunset today. After two days of missing it. (Dino's sun calculations were slightly off due to the mountains he said... Hmm...) it was beautiful. So we included some pictures so you all can pretend you were here too.

There is also a picture of the huge mountain that Makarska is butted right up against. They are really between a rock and a hard place in terms of escape from this town (unless you have a boat) maybe that is why no one wants to leave or can find there way out? Haha. I know my jokes are bad.

So tomorrow morning our Grandpa Landlord is giving us a ride to the bus stop, then we will hop on a bus from here to Split and another bus from Split bus station to the airport and a plane from Split to Rome. Then we will be in Rome.

Trip Advisor has set a course for us to figure out Italy from there. So... Off we go.

Love and Miss,

Steph & Dino

No comments:

Post a Comment